I want it all!
I must confess – I want it all. Everything God has for me. Everything that’s biblical. If it happened in Bible times, it can surely happen now. If it happened to the apostles, it could happen to me. (After all, the Bible does say that God’s no respecter of persons!)
That would include, in no particular order
- leading people to Christ
- being taken up to the third heaven like Paul
- prophesy, word of wisdom, word of knowledge
- radical faith
- radical love and forgiveness
- being sent by God
- being filled by the Holy Spirit and helping others to receive
- people getting healed even by handkerchiefs and aprons that have touched me – or by my shadow
- encounters with angels
- hearing God’s audible voice
- healings – both my own healing, and also the ability to lay hands on other people and heal them
- deliverance and casting out demons
- not being affected by serpents or deadly poison
- speaking in tongues and interpretation of tongues
- having power over the enemy
- living a life in Christ’s victory
- raising people from the dead
- enduring persecution
- binding and loosing
- striking someone blind (assuming that God wanted me to do so – see Acts 13:11)
- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
It does stand to reason that if God doesn’t change, His power and miracles don’t change either. Which means we should be experiencing them now. Today. In our daily lives. On our trips to the grocery store, on visits with our neighbors, everywhere.
It seems like half the church believes that such wonders don’t exist, and the other half want to confine them to strict limits within the church walls.
We need to be taking revival to the streets! To the marketplace. To our schools. Everywhere!